Working at MCP Group
MCP Group is the most trusted development, planning and construction management firm in the Midwest. Our clients have learned they can rely on us to deliver world‐class solutions, optimize their competitive position and ensure the highest quality product available. MCP Group develops and executes commercial projects on schedule, within budget and with operational excellence. The individual and collective expertise of our people provides the most cost‐effective, intelligent solutions at the highest quality. We have an outstanding network of qualified sub‐contractors to provide the dependability, expertise and safety which distinguishes MCP Group as the best there is.
The traveling superintendent is responsible for the safety, quality, schedule, supervision and overall coordination of the onsite production of the project.
Key Areas of Role
- Provides management of subcontractors, suppliers and field staff
- Leads and attends meetings with subcontractors, owners, architects
- Communicates key project information to project team, owners, design team, subcontractors, suppliers and other departments
- Provides training, education and support of entire team
- Verify and approve timesheets, material vouchers and invoices
- Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications, setting quality standards, QA/QC and outside resources
- Updates drawings, logs, RFIs, submittals and inspection notes
- Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect and subcontractors
- Creates, manages, changes and implements the project’s schedule
- Completes daily reports, logs and tracking reports
- Leads all aspects of the Company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff as needed
- Coordinates and manages the care, custody, cleanliness and control of the project site
- Conducts weekly safety meetings with team and subcontractors
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE + SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field preferred
- Knowledge to read and interpret plans, specs, safety regulations, maintenance instructions, etc.
- 5+ years experience in the construction industry and field supervision
- Prior experience with ProCore, submittal software, Bluebeam, iAuditor, Microsoft products and overall IT knowledge is strongly desired
- Must be willing to travel frequently
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO CAREERS@THEMCPGROUP.COM